Prepare Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 mins Make In: 35 mins Makes 12 tikkis
- 1/2 cup yellow moong daal (split yellow gram)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp fresh curds (dahi)
- 3 tbsp grated onions
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
Healthy Green Chutney
- Clean, wash and boil the yellow moong daal in 1 cup of water in a deep saucepan until the daal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Drain and mix the daal in a blender into a coarse paste.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into 63 mm. (2½ ”) round flat tikki.
- Lightly grease a non-stick tava (hot plate) with ½ teaspoon of oil.
- Cook each tikki, using 1 teaspoon of oil, until they turn golden brown on each side. Cook evenly on both sides.
- Moong Daal Tikki oats are ready. Serve immediately with a healthy green chutney.