Oats Tikki is easy and healthy snack made with oats, potato and spices. This is healthy snack for kids and adults. I haven’t tried deep frying these oats cutlet but if you making this in large patch for party then you can deep fry it but personally I make my cutlets to be pan fried than deep fried.
Ingredients Of Oats Tikki
- 1 Cup – Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 Medium – Potato
- 1 Medium – Carrot
- 2 – Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp – Grated Ginger
- 2 tbsp – Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp – Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Dhania powder
- 1 tsp – Garam Masala
- 1 tsp – Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp – Lemon Juice
- To Taste – Salt
- To Shallow Fry – Oil
- 1/2 Cup – Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 tbsp – All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup – Water
How To Make Oats Tikki
- Boil the potato and grate the potatoes. Grating is a good option for obtaining lump-free potatoes.
- Roast all the oatmeal until light brown, continue to stir to avoid burning, reserve 1/2 cup of the flakes oats. Peel and grate the carrot, finely chop the green pepper, the coriander leaves.
- In a large bowl, take the mashed potato, oats, carrot, green pepper, coriander leaves in turmeric powder, red pepper powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, salt, chaat masala, garam masala, lemon juice and mix everything well to form a smooth paste, oats work perfectly as a bonding agent.
- Divide the dough into some pieces and shape them into a round, oval or any shape you prefer with a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- In a small bowl, mix the maida, the water to smooth the lump-free dough and in another plate, divide the reserved oats.
- Dip the tikki in the maida mixture quickly covering all sides, then roll them in the oat spread. Heat a pan or tawa add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil and place some tikki, do not overload them and cook on low to medium heat until they are turn the escalopes on the other side, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil again and cook until golden, drain in paper towels and make up for the rest of the batch.
- Serve them hot with chilli chutney.