Omapodi is an easy snack made during diwali. Children may want to eat a crisp and crisp snack during the holidays or even they come home from school. it is one of children’s favorite snacks. we can make Omapodi quickly with the ingredients that are mainly available in any Indian cuisine.
|Preparation time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||40 mins|
Ingredients Of Omapodi
|Rice Flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Gram Flour||1 Cup*|
|Omam / Ajwain / Carom seeds||1 handfull|
ALSO READ: Ribbon Pakoda (Diwali Special)
Method Of Omapodi
- Soak the omam in water for 15 minutes. Then grind the omam by adding water.
- Filter the ground omam and take the filtered water and keep it aside.
- Take rice flour, gram flour, salt, butter and a hinge in a large bowl Mix all ingredients using filtered omam water in a container.
- Add water and make chapati flour like dough Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan and, when the oil is hot, add a small piece of dough to check the heat.
- When the dough rises immediately, the oil is ready to fry Put 1 full hand of dough in a press and close the press with the Omappodi mold. Press the dough into a large circle.
- Fry the Omappodi over low heat until crisp and turn golden brown. Take it out and place it in an oil colander with a paper towel to remove excess oil and allow it to cool.
- Store it in an airtight container and serve. The delicious Omappodi is ready to serve.