I love traditional apple cake. It looks so amazingly pretty and is so easy to make. This cake is absolutely delicious when served fresh, warm right out of the oven.
- Prep: 20 min.
- Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Ingredients of Oma’s Apfelkuchen ( Apple Cake)
- 5 apples
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- powdered sugar
How to Make Oma’s Apfelkuchen ( Apple Cake)
- Preheat oven at 180°C, grease bottom and sides of a pan.
- Peel apples.
- Thinly slice each quarter several times.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Blend flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into sugar mixture with the milk.
- Spread batter in the pan.
- Arrange apple quarters in the pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from pan after cooling.
- Decorate with icing sugar just before serving.