Onion paratha recipe | pyaz ka paratha recipe. A recipe for Indian flatbread stuffed with onion, ideal for lunch or daily breakfast. It’s usually served or eaten on its own without any accompaniment, but it can be served with any choice of Indian curries or sabzi.
Onion paratha recipe | pyaz ka paratha recipe. There are many ways to prepare pyaz ka paratha recipe, but most often it is made in 2 ways. Parathas can either be stuffed with onion masala orwhile kneading the paratha doughonions can be added directly. In this recipe I used the first option.
It had been a while since I posted a paratha recipe and the onion paratha was long overdue. Even though i make parathas on a daily basis, it took me a while to post this recipe. I personally prepare it by mixing the sautéed onion with the wheat paste, as I think it is much easier to prepare. But I chose the stuffing for 2 reasons in this recipe, namely that the onion masala is distributed evenly and the paratha can be rolled easily. The other option is that I personally think I have the best taste of paratha, it has to be stuffed. Otherwise, without the stuffing, it’s just a chapathi or a spicy roti.
Although there are not a lot of complicated steps with the onion paratha recipe, but a few tips to make it perfect. First of all, cut the onions very well, otherwise it will be really difficult to thinly roll the paratha. Also, do not keep the stuffing for a long time, as the onions will release moisture and will be difficult to roll. finally, pyaaz ka paratha tastes good when the stuffing is slightly spicy. If you serve it spicy, it is best served with curd / yogurt, which helps reduce the heat.
for the dough:
▢ 2 cups of wheat flour / attack
▢ ¼ teaspoon of salt
▢ 1 teaspoon of oil
▢ 1 cup of water (or as needed)
for the stuffing:
▢ 1 teaspoon of oil
▢ 1 cup onions (finely chopped)
▢ ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
▢ ½ teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder / lal mirch powder
▢ 2 c. 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
▢ ½ teaspoon of turmeric / haldi
▢ ¼ teaspoon cumin powder / jeera powder
▢ salt to taste
▢ ½ teaspoon aamchur / dry mango powder
▢ ¼ teaspoon garam masala
▢ few seeds / ¼ teaspoon ajwain / caraway
- First, prepare the wheat dough and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing by heating a saucepan with a teaspoon of oil.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped onions and for a minute sauté it.
- Also add ½ teaspoon of the ginger and garlic paste and continue to sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Moreover, turn off the flame and add the spices, ½ teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients well and the paratha onion stuffing is ready.
- After 20 minutes of dough rest, lightly knead the dough.
- Pinch a dough about the size of a ball, roll out about 5 to 5.5 inches in diameter.
- Place 2 full tablespoons of prepared onion stuffing in the center.
- Take the edge and start creasing, bringing it back to the center.
- Sprinkle with flour and roll up to a chapati size.
- Place the rolled paratha on a hot tawa and cook both sides.
- Also brush off the oil / ghee and press lightly.
- Finally, serve Hot Onion Paratha Recipe / Pyaaz Ka Paratha Recipe with Pickle, Raita or Sauce.