Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
Orange Pudding Cake : Here’s the recipe to a nutty pudding !
- Orange Juice – 1/3 cup (juice from app. 2 oranges)
- Orange Zest – 3 tsp
- Egg – 3 (separated)
- Butter – 1.5 tblsp
- Milk – 2/3 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 4 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Orange food colour or Kesari Powder – a pinch (optional)
- To Make Orange Pudding CakeSeparate the egg yolks and whites in separate bowls. Preheat the oven to 350F (180 C).
- In another bowl combine the butter and sugar together. Add the egg yolks with this and continue mixing until it becomes a smooth cream.
- Mix with orange zest and all-purpose flour. Almost instantly, you can smell the orange flavor in the cake mix. Add the orange juice, food coloring and milk with it. The whole mixture will be thinner than the usual cake batter but thicker than the pudding mixture. It’s the perfect consistency for a pudding cake.
- 4 Now take a separate bowl and beat the egg whites until they form peaks. Fold this into the cake batter. Do it very gently so that the egg whites are well combined but the foam does not disappear. Pour this mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Fill a larger baking dish with about 1 inch of hot water (double boiler). Place the smaller dish filled with dough in this larger dish.
- Transfer this dish (larger with the smaller cake pan) to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes. (NOTE: each oven is different. The cake may take 5 to 10 minutes longer or shorter than the specified time.)
- The cake should be completely hardened and not leak. Serve this as a hot dessert with cold ice. Otherwise, refrigerate in the refrigerator and serve cold.