The traditional Bengali mithai, Sandesh, is made more exciting by the addition of orange squash, which gives a lively dimension to it. We have made this Quick Orange Sandesh with readymade paneer so you can prepare it quickly within minutes. The best part is that this lovely treat can be stored in the Refrigerator for 3-4 days, so you can enjoy it whenever you want.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 6 pieces
5 drops orange essence
2 tbsp orange squash
1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tbsp powdered sugar
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped almonds (badam)
1 tbsp finely chopped pistachios
6 orange segments
- Combine all the ingredients in a big thali and knead very very well till smooth.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and keep in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball and then flatten it lightly. Make a depression in the centre using your index finger.
- Finally garnish it with almonds, pistachios and orange segments.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
|Value per piece||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||92.7 mcg||2%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg||2%|
|Vitamin E||0 mg||0%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||0 mcg||0%|