Ramen noodles, almonds and sunflower seeds add crunch to this side salad. Quick to prepare and easy to tote, it’s an obvious choice for potlucks and camping.
Ingredients of Oriental Coleslaw
- 1 16 – ounce package shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 3 – ounce package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, broken up
- 1/2-3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2-3/4 cup sunflower nuts
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sliced green onion (optional)
Also Read: Chicken and Corn Hash-Brown Bake (Potluck)
Directions of Oriental Coleslaw
- Combine the coleslaw mixture, green onions, noodles, almonds and sunflower nuts in a salad bowl.
- Refrigerate and covered up to 1 hour.
- For the dressing: In a screw jar, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper and the seasoning of the noodle package.
- Cover and shake. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, shake the vinaigrette; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- If desired, garnish the salad with green onions in additional slices.
Servings Per Recipe 12, fiber (g) 2, sodium (mg) 136, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, calcium (mg) 37, pro. (g) 4, Potassium (mg) 160, sugar (g) 3