Today is the time for Paan Gulkand laddu. It’s easy, unique and very tasty. Another best thing about this dessert is .. unlike other laddus, all it takes is a teaspoon of Ghee to make it. Try making them this Ganesh Chautarthi and enjoy it with your friends and family. Also these coconut ladoos are filled with gulkand (rose petal preserve) which makes them really flavorful. You can also add some chopped nuts too in the center. Just chop them fine and mix with the gulkand and stuff the ladoos with the mixture.
Ingredients of Paan Ladoo With Gulkand
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 paan leaves
- 4-5 teaspoons gulkand
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- green food color
- more desiccated coconut for rolling
How To Make Paan Ladoo With Gulkand
- In a food processor, add the chopped paan leaves and condensed milk.
- Pulse until well the two are well combined. Put aside. Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the ghee is hot, add the dried coconut and roast for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the condensed milk – paan mixture and mix. You can add a few drops of green food coloring at this point.
- Cook for 2 more minutes over low heat, the mixture will thicken. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool a little.
- Grease your hands with a little ghee, take a small portion of the coconut mixture, flatten it and add 1 / 2-1 teaspoon of gulkand in the center.
- Bring the edges together and roll up to form a ladoo. Roll the prepared ladoo in the dried coconut.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining ladoos. Keep the coconut ladoo paan in the refrigerator.