Pad Thai Noodles: A Thai favourite. These flat rice noodles are cooked and tossed with paneer, spring onion, bean sprouts, peanuts, garlic and other spices. Use up the remaining peanuts for a garnish.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 2 servings
1 1/2 cups boiled flat rice noodles
4 tbsp oil
1/2 tbsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 cup bean sprouts
3 tbsp roughly chopped roasted peanuts
3/4 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1/4 cup chopped spring onion greens
For The Garnish
2 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
1 tbsp chopped spring onion greens
1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a wok/kadhai add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the beans sprouts, noodles and peanuts, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, soya sauce, sugar, chilli powder, lemon juice, salt and spring onion greens and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Pad Thai Noodles are ready. Serve hot garnished with peanuts, spring onion greens and coriander.
- This dish should be prepared as close to serving time as possible as reheating it is not advisable.