Panasa Thonnalu is a traditional Andhra sweet which is in a jackfruit bulb shape. Panasa thonalu means jackfruit bulb in Telugu and in some places it is called as Flower Kaja. During childhood, my mother always makes this for my evening snack. It is very easy to make and it tastes delicious.
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients of Panasa Tonalu
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- oil – to deep fry
How to make Paasa Tonalu
- In a bowl add the wheat flour and ghee. Knead it into a smooth dough by adding water.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth for 35 minutes.
- Mix the sugar ,water and the cardamom powder .Boil the syrup until the mixture becomes little sticky.
- Divide the dough into some small balls. Roll all balls into small thin roti.
- Using the knife cut the roti into lines and join them vertically towards the end.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the dumplings.
- Place them on a plate and later dip them in the sugar syrup.
- Remove the dumplings from the syrup and move them into a serving plate sprinkle some sugar on it.