Paneer makhani is a signature dish of punjab, where both cottage cheese and butter are available in abundance. This quick version makes use of tomato puree to save time. We have also used the paneer cubes without frying—it is quicker, healthier and just as tasty!
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 2 serving
1/2 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
2 tbsp onion paste
1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 cup tomato puree
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp oil
salt to taste
Method To Make Paneer makhani
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan.
- Add the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste and stir for some time.
- Then add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and tomato puree and cook till the oil separates.
- Finally, add the kasoori methi, milk, sugar, salt and paneer cubes and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Paneer makhani is ready. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||408.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.5 mcg|