Cottage cheese aka Paneer patty and grilled vegetable sizzler is a perfect weekend party dish. Boiled and grilled potatoes and tomatoes pilled with assorted stir fry vegetables are teamed with saucy paneer cubes on the bed rice and noodles.
Prep Time: 60 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 2 portion
INGREDIENTS of Paneer Steak Szechwan Sizzler
For Paneer Patty
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 1 cup paneer grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp mint crushed dry
- 1/2 tsp chili powder red
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 2 tbsps oil
For Mix Vegetables
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup capsicum diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 6 – 7 baby corns
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp chilies chopped green
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly crushed
- 1.5 tsps green chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsps tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
For Roasted Vegetables
- 4 – 5 baby potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
For Grilled Paneer
- 100 grams paneer
- 2 tbsps yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 cups noodles boiled
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 6 – 7 cabbage lettuce leaves or
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- mint 4-5 fresh
Also Read: Paneer Steak Szechwan Sizzler
INSTRUCTIONS of Paneer Steak Szechwan Sizzler
- In a large mixing bowl, add grated paneer, boiled potatoes, salt, garam masala, red chili powder, crushed mint and fresh coriander.
- Mix all to make a smooth dough.
- Heat a non stick pan and meanwhile divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a disk shaped patty an dust both sides with cornflour.
- Place each patty on the heated pan and add few drops of oil from sides to shallow fry.
- Flip and fry well from both sides.
- Transfer the patties on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil and keep aside.
- Blanch all the vegetable (mentioned in ingredients) , drain water and keep aside for a while.
- Heat oil in a wok and add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies and saute for a minute.
- Add all the blanched vegetables and stir fry them till the excess moisture evaporates and the vegetables start frying.
- Now add freshly crushed pepper, salt as per taste, chili sauce, soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Toss the vegetables nicely till everything incorporates well and stir fry for few more minutes.
- Turn off the gas and keep aside till you prepare the next element.
- In a mixing bowl add yogurt, cream, salt, garam masala and pepper powder. Whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Cut paneer into 2×2 inch square and coat each piece with the yogurt batter generously.
- Place the coated paneer pieces on a plate, cling wrap it and refrigerate it to marinate for almost and hour.
- Heat a non stick pan and grease it with oil. Place the marinated paneer pieces and add few drops of oil from sides.
- Grill/ shallow fry from both sides. (Store the left over marination mix which you can use later while making and makhni curry.)
- Place the grilled pieces on a clean and dry plate and keep aside.
- Blanch tomatoes and keep aside with boiled potatoes.
- Place a wire rack on the stove top and roast the boiled potatoes and tomatoes one by one from all sides.
- Carefully remove the roasted vegetables and keep aside.
Rice & Noodles
1. Stir fry rice and noodles individually with a dash of lemon juice and fresh mint and keep aside.
Assembling The Sizzler
- Take a sizzler plate (cast iron) and add few drops of oil all over.
- Line it with cabbage or lettuce leaves.
- Place noodles and rice at two extreme corners and pile the paneer patty in the center.
- Arrange the mix vegetable prepared , roasted potatoes and tomatoes, grilled paneer all around the patties.
- Light up the stove top and place the sizzler plate on the it carefully.
- Keep the flames on medium to high and allow the plate to heat.
- Once the plate starts heating up , you will see the vegetables sizzling with lots of smoke.
- Carefully hold the plate with the tong and transfer it on the wooden base.
- Enjoy the sizzles along with the patties, rice, noodles and vegetables. (The sizzling effect will last just for few minutes only)
- Enjoy the platter with fresh home made fruit juice ad salad.