Panjiri is a staple food from the Punjab region and Hyderabad of the Indian subcontinent. treated as a nutritional supplement. It is made from whole wheat flour. It is strongly interwoven with dried fruits and herbal gums.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients Of PANJIRI
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tbsp. ghee
- 0.75 cup sugar or bura powdered
- 15 cashews
- 15 almonds roasted
- 15 raisins optional
- 15-20 sugar batashe
Also Read: Peanut Chikki Receipe
Instructions Of PANJIRI
- Heat a kadhai or a pan. Put 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour in it. Roast over low heat for 12-15 minutes until it turns golden brown and has a nice aroma.
- Now add 6 tablespoons. ghee to that and mix well with the roasted flour. Roast for about 5 more minutes. Add cashews and toasted almonds to this mixture and continue to stir. Also add raisins if you are using.
- Cook over low heat for about 5 more minutes until it looks like sand and there is no raw smell. Then let it cool.
- When it is almost at room temperature, add the powdered sugar in batches and mix well. Vary the amount of sugar according to your taste. I don’t like my very sweet candies. Garnish with a little batashe sugar and serve.