This Pav Bhaji Khakhra is quite an off-beat snack. It might not taste like regular khakhras because it does not have oil, but it tastes fabulous in its own special way, with the peppy flavour of pav bhaji masala.
This healthy and chatpata snack can be carried along anywhere, to office or even on a journey, so you can munch on something healthy whenever you are hungry.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 12 khakhras
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 tbsp pav bhaji masala
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6″) diameter thin circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a concave non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a khakhra press or a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Cool and serve or store in an air-tight container.
|Value per khakhra||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||0.3 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||4%|
|Vitamin C||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg||1%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||3.9 mcg||2%|