Paav Bhaaji, the evergreen snack, now in a convenient, easy-to-handle format, that you can pack in your kids’ dabba as a memorable and sumptuous treat. Mixed vegetables cooked along with tomatoes, onions, and of course, paav bhaaji masala is sandwiched between butter-toasted laadi paav and packed in aluminium foil. This Paav Bhaaji Sandwich is a filling and delectable snack, which stays fresh for quite some time.
Preparation Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Total Time: 35 mins Makes 8 Sandwiches
1 1/2 cups chopped and boiled mixed vegetables ( potatoes , cabbage , carrot , green peas and cauliflower)
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp paav bhaaji masala
salt to taste
8 laadi ladi paav
butter for cooking
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, paav bhaaji masala, mixed vegetables, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it very well with a potato masher.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Slit all the paavs vertically. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), add little butter and slit open the paavs and place on it.
- Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides. (add more butter if required).
- Place a paav on a clean, dry surface and spread 2 tbsp of the prepared bhaji on the lower halve and close the sandwich.
- Paav Bhaaji Sandwich is ready. Serve immediately or cool completely and pack in an aluminium foil and put in a dabba.