Light, airy, crispy meringue topped with orange zest whipped cream and fresh berry jam.. A healthier dessert diet that is gluten-free treat and topped with antioxidants. I don’t think you need another excuse to have more than one.
Ingredients of Pavlova With Blueberry Jam
- 6 egg whites (use the yolks )
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- mint leaves to garnish
Direction of Pavlova With Blueberry Jam
- With an electric mixer set to medium, whisk together the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt for 3 minutes.
- Let the blender work and add the sugar, a spoonful at a time. Once the meringue is thick and can form firm peaks, you’re done (about 6 minutes in total)!
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide over large spoonfuls of meringue and press the centers to form small bowls (to retain the jam later).
- Bake at 250 ° F for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Halfway through cooking, be sure to rotate the pans so that they cook evenly.
- To make the jam, combine the blueberries, sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice + zest in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat (so that it just reaches the boiling point) for 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat, the jam will thicken as it cools.
- Garnish the pavlovas with warm jam and a sprig of mint.