Old fashioned peach pie made with two crusts, fresh peaches, and simple ingredients. It’s great during the summer peach season.
Ingredients of Peach Pie
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- Dough for double-crust pie
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
How To Make Peach Pie
- Combine sugars; add peaches in a bowl and toss gently . Cover for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a pie plate even with rim.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small pan, combine cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil, and stir until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Put into crust.
- Roll remaining dough to a thick circle; cut into 1-1/2 strips.
- Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge.
- Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake 40 minutes, until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.