Thease are absolutely loaded with peanut butter flavor and are the softest peanut butter cookie you’ll ever eat.
Ingredients of Peanutty Valentine Cookies
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 24 dove chocolate hearts
- optional: additional 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling
How to Make Peanutty Valentine Cookies
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Beat the butter for 1 minute on high speed until creamy with hand mixer, beat in brown sugar and granulated sugar until completely creamed. Add egg and beat them again. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract, then beat on high until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix them. Cover and put the dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Scoop and roll cookie dough, about 1 Tablespoon of dough each. Roll each ball in the additional granulated sugar and arrange on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops begin to slightly crack. Remove cookies from the oven for sometime.
- Press a chocolate heart into each cookie and serve.