Pear and Pomegranate Salad: If you find fresh pears in the marketplace, buy them and attempt this fresh pear salad. A warm dressing of pomegranate juice, lemon, mustard powder, honey and freshly ground pepper introduce a brilliant taste to the cut pear cubes. Toss in crisp iceberg lettuce too, it adds a definite crunch to the salad. Serve this one immediately and enjoy the fresh taste of pears and the sweet-spice flavours of the dressing. Very appetizing!
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 cups pear cubes
1/2 cup pomegranate (anar)
2 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce , torn into small pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp pomogranate juice
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder , readily available in the market
3/4 tbsp honey
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- Immerse the lettuce leaves in ice-cold water for 10 minutes and drain well. This will make them crisp.
- Combine the lettuce, pear and pomegranate in a deep bowl, toss well and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a small non- stick pan, add the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, mustard powder, honey and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Pour this warm dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Pear and Pomegranate Salad is ready. Serve immediately.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||543 mcg||11%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||4%|
|Vitamin C||17 mg||42%|
|Vitamin E||0.4 mg||3%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||37.5 mcg||19%|