Made in a jiffy, Phadthai Noodles recipe is a good bet for any party. Tofu and bean sprouts generously boost the good-health quotient of this dish. Not to forget that I’ve used sugar substitutes instead of sugar. All of which makes this a safe venture for diabetics too! Preferably, use whole wheat noodles in the place of maida noodles.
For those who have high blood pressure, high sodium foods like soya sauce should be restricted; hence I have used only 1 tsp of it. Garlic and red chilli flakes pep up the taste, but feel free to adjust their quantities as per your likings. Combine the noodles with a vegetable gravy dish for a complete meal combo.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
2 tsp oil
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup tofu cubes
1/2 cup chopped spring onions with the greens
1 cup bean sprouts
2 tbsp roasted and coarsely powdered peanuts
3 cups cooked noodles , refer handy tip
3/4 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
1 tsp sugar substitute
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
For The Garnish
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté over a high flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the all the remaining ingredients and toss well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- To cook 3 cups of rice noodles, soak 3/4 packet of raw rice noodles in boiling hot water for 10 to 15 minutes or as the instructions on the package specify. Drain the water and immerse in cold water in order to arrest any further cooking. Drain and use as required.
- This recipe has been developed only to satisfy the occasionally craving of a diabetic for exotic dishes as it contains certain ingredients which need to be used restrictively. Hence this does not qualify as a regular everyday meal.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.