Pickled Watermelon Margarita
These watermelon margaritas are made from scratch, right down to the fun watermelon rind garnish. Follow the easy tutorial below to make your drinks extra pretty while saving the rind from the trash can!
When it’s crazy hot outside, fresh watermelon makes the sweetest, most cooling margaritas. Best part is that these watermelon margaritas are trimmed with garnish made from the rind! So clever and tasty!
Pickled Watermelon Margarita: The brightly hued Warren Bar and Burrow bar fills the model of a top quality margarita. The mashed watermelon and fresh lime juice are enriched with tequila and Grand Marnier, stirred together, then poured into a glass topped with a watermelon crust. The crust is stripped for about two weeks in a solution made of different types of vinegar and flavored with cloves and all-spice, said co-owner Spencer Warren.
Ingredients of Pickled Watermelon Margarita
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz watermelon juice
- 1 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- Black sea salt
Also Read: Hot Pickled Popcorn
Instructions of Pickled Watermelon Margarita
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until the sugar crystals dissolve.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Watermelon juice: Mash the watermelon in a blender until smooth.
- If desired, filter the pulp of the juice using a fine mesh screen or a metal coffee filter. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Watermelon Margarita: Wet the top of a glass with a lime wedge and dip in sea salt. Mix the simple syrup, tequila, lime juice, triple sec and watermelon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously and pour into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with watermelon zest or lime wedges.