I’ve got sweet and tangy, farm-stand fresh Pink Lemonade cakes for you today. So pull up a front porch rocker and get ready to enjoy the appeal of this summertime sensation.
- Total Time -50 min
- Total serving-12
Ingredients of Pink Lemonade cakes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam, warmed
- 2 tablespoons thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- Pink sprinkles
Also Read: Sour Cream Pound Cake
Directions of Pink Lemonade cakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 °. Line bottom of three greased 8 inches. round pans with parchment; bold paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients until well blended. In aother bowl, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the cream mixture alternately with the buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared molds. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing them from racks; remove the paper. Cool completely. For the frosting, in a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and lemon zest until smooth.
- Gradually stir in icing sugar and 1/3 cup of lemonade concentrate. If necessary, refrigerate until spreadable, up to 1 hour.
- Place 1 layer of cake on plate. Brush 1 tablespoon lemonade concentrate on the cake; spread with 1/2 cup of frosting.
- Repeat the layers. Top with the remaining cake layer; brush the rest of the lemonade concentrate.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the top.
- Decorate with glitter. Refrigerate until ready to serve.