Festive seasons are starting so try to some new dessert recipes. Pistachio paan is famous festival recipe. Barfi is an Indian sweet in form of a fudge that has a soft melt in mouth consistency. There are many variations of it that are possible, however the original barfi recipe is made of just milk and sugar. This recipe uses a barfi base made with pistachios.
Ingredients of Pistachio paan
Direction for Pistachio paan
- Place a small pan over medium heat and add the shelled pistachios. Roast the pistachios over medium-low heat, turning them continuously so that they do not burn.
- Now let the pista cool, then grind it in a blender into a fine powder. You can sift the powder to get rid of the remaining pista pieces.
- Roasting helps to grind the pista into a fine powder. Now let the pista cool, then grind it in a blender into a fine powder.
- You can sift the powder to get rid of the remaining pista pieces. Now add the powdered milk, sugar, powdered cardamom and corn flour.
- Mix well, add a few drops of edible green food coloring. Add 1 tablespoon of condensed milk. Mix it by hand, it will turn into a crumbly texture, again add 1 tablespoon of condensed milk.
- You can now form a paste. Otherwise, add a little more condensed milk. Chop the dried fruits and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, take 1 teaspoon of butter or ghee over low heat, add 1 ½ tablespoon of condensed milk and stir.
- Add the chopped dried fruit, cardomom powder and kewra essence. Stir for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Now keep the filling mixture aside. Now spread this dough between 2 plastic sheets until it is 5mm.
- Cut 12 pieces of squares, you can roll the pieces of scrap again or enjoy them as pista barfi I have 8 suitable square pieces.
- Meet the central point of the rooms and join the other half of barfi.
- Press firmly to give a conical shape. Divide the filling into 8 equal portions.
- Fill it in the cones using a spoon and garnish with silver leaves and chopped pistachios.