Pork and Chive Dumplings – juicy and delicious Chinese dumplings filled with ground pork and chives. Homemade jiaozi is the best!
INGREDIENTS of Pork and Chive Dumplings
- 1/2 pound fatty ground pork
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vietnamese chile-garlic sauce (preferably Huy Fong brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated peeled ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro stems
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flowering chives, flat Chinese chives (garlic chives), or scallions
- 24 to 30 round dumpling wrappers (preferably with egg)
- Accompaniment: Lantern dumpling sauce
- Garnish: thinly sliced scallions
PREPARATION of Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Combine all the ingredients (except the coriander stems, chives and packaging) in a large bowl, then stir in the coriander stems and chives.
- Place the bowl in a larger bowl of ice to keep cool while forming dumplings.
- Place a slightly rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of an envelope and moisten the area around the filling with water.
- Fold in half to form a crescent.
- Moisten a corner and press the corners together to form a tortellini-shaped dumpling. Repeat with the remaining packing and packaging.
- Cook the meatballs in a large saucepan of water, which simmers gently until the pork is just cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a dish.