The dumplings are juicy, tender and taste so good even without any dipping sauce! In traditional pork dumpling recipes, home cooks usually use rehydrated dried shrimps to increase flavor. But my grandma insisted on using fresh shrimp.
Ingredients of Pork Dumplings
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- fresh cracked pepper
- 36 (round) dumpling wrappers
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sliced green onion
- sesame seeds
- soy sauce
How to Make Pork Dumplings
- Add pork, cabbage, garlic, green onion, hoisin, sesame oil, ginger and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix well.
- Fill a bowl with water. Lay out a dumpling wrapper and use your finger dipped in water to wet the entire edge of the wrapper.
- Put a tablespoon of filling into the center of the dumpling wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half and press the edges together to seal the dumpling into a half moon shape.
- Place the dumpling onto a baking sheets.
- Heat oil a pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches of about 8, add dumplings, flat side down and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour a ¼ cup of water into the pan and cover.
- Cook the dumplings, covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Repeat with remaining dumplings.
- Serve with soy sauce and garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.