Potato Dumplings are soft, comforting dumplings drizzled in browned butter. It is the traditional side dish that she served with almost any meal.
Ingredients of Potato Dumplings
- 1 kg potatoes, cooked in their skins
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1⅓ cups cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
How to Make Potato Dumplings
- Boil potatoes in their skins. Cool and peel.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate potatoes for overnight.
- Cut bread into cubes.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the bread cubes and fry until nicely browned.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix starch, eggs and salt in potatoes to make a dough.
- Make dumplings, adding a few croutons to the middle of each dumpling.
- Drop gently into pot of boiling, salted water about 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.