Potato Papad is easy to make in this season. Satisfyingly crisp and crunchy, make this much loved Indian snack at home. It is important to make in holi festival.
Ingredients of Potato Papad
- Potato – 1 kgs. (medium sized)
- Salt – 1 small tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tea spoon.
- Oil – 2 table spoon
How to Make Potato Papad
- Wash and boil the Potatoes in the cooker.
- Once the Potatoes are boiled and cools down, peel and grate them. Add salt, red chilli powder into the grated Potatoes and mash them.
- Now grease your hands and make small balls. Make all the balls and keep on placing them on a plate.
- To roll out the Potato Balls you need 1×2 ft. thick polythene sheet is required to dry them under the Sun.
- Potato Papad Making Method: Place the sheet on a rolling board. Place the potato ball on one sheet and the cover it with the other sheet.
- Apply some oil on the first sheet and on both sides of the potato ball. Place the first sheet on the rolling board and keep the greased potato ball on it. Now cover the potato ball from other sheet and press it with hands o flatten it.
- Roll the potato ball into thin flat disc as we do while making chapatis.
- How to Dry the Papad: Strip out the one side of polythene – sheet from the rolled out papad and put it over the big polythene – sheet from the side of the papad. Press the papad against the big polythene sheet to settle it down.
- Now the papad dry in the Sun. After 5 hours turn the sides of the papad, when they are little moist.
- If they are still little moise then collect them at the end of the first day and spread them again the next day to get completely dried.
- You can fry, roast the Potato Papad on the stove or in the microwave.