These crisp veg samosa potli can be a great snacks as a starters or appetizers and even for kids tiffin boxes. You can air fry these veg money bags or vegetable samosa.
Ingredients for Potli Samosa
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp Oil
- Water to knead the dough
- ½ cup cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup carrot, chopped
- ¼ cup beans, chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum, chopped
- ¼ cup green pea
- ¼ cup corn
- 6 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 tbsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
How to Make Potli Samosa
Add flour and salt in a bowl, mix well. Then add oil and start mixing the dough with the help of fingers.
Add some water and start kneading the dough.
Cover the dough with cotton cloth and keep it aside for 1 hour.
After 1 hour divide the dough into a small balls.
Now making small potlies with each balls.
Heating the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds.
Add ginger, chopped green chillies and fry, add some chopped onions.
Once the onions tunrs soft and pink, add cabbage, peas, beans, carrot and capsicum.
- Cook them 5 minutes.
- Now add corn and saute.
- Add roasted coriander seeds, red chili flakes, dry mango powder, garam masala, salt, mix weel.
- Now add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add kasuri methi and coriander seeds.
- Now samosa filling is ready.
- Take some stuffing and place it in the center of the potli.
- Now brush the edge with water.
- Press and seal the potli well taking care of the stuffing to be secured well within.
- Take one strip, brush it with water and carefully tie around the neck of the potli.
- Now, heat enough oil in a deep pan or kadhai.
- Fry all the potlies in the kadhai.
- Once vegetable samosa is brown and crisp, Take them out.
- Potli samosa is ready to be served.