Bengali Kacha Golla is one of the sweetest dessert I ever loke. It is my favourite Indian sweets which is light and extremely easy to make too.
PREP TIME :10 MINUTES
COOK TIME :30 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS of Pranhara Kochagolla
- 2 litre milk
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- half tbsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup milk maid
- 1/4 cup milk powder
How to make Pranhara Kochagolla
- In a large container take milk to a boil slowly.
- Once the milk has boiled, pour in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. stir until milk curdles, keeping flame over low to medium heat.
- Drain the curdled milk on a lined cloth over a colander. you can use the leftover water to make soup or knead dough.
- Rinse the curds in cool water to remove the acidity from the lemon juice. hang for 2 hour making sure the water is completely drained.
- After that, cut the paneer into equal halves. keep one half aside and start mashing the other half. Now add 3 tablespoons of sugar and mash until the sugar dissolves completely. transfer the paneer sugar mixture to a pan and cook over low heat.
- Now add condensed milk and mix well. continue cooking until the mixture thickens. transfer the mixture to a plate and add the reserved half of the paneer.
- Break the paneer and mix the two well. now roll the ladoo to the size of a ball and roll it in powdered milk.
- Finally, pranhara is ready and stored in the refrigerator.