Prawn and Barley Risotto Recipe: Prawns sauteed in a mix of toasted garlic, barley, onions with white wine. Topped with parmigianno cheese, this prawn risotto recipe is a treat to relish with friends!
Recipe Servings: 2 Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time:
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Onions
- 2 Garlic
- 100 Ml White wine
- 1 Cup Barley
- 1 Cup Seafood stock (warm)
- 50 Gram Butter
- 50 Gram Parmigianno regianno cheese
- 1/2 tsp Dill, chopped
- 200 Gram Prawns
Also Read: Mushroom & spinach risotto
Method To Make Prawn and Barley Risotto
- In a heavy base sauce pan heat the olive oil and sweat the chopped onions.
- Add in the garlic and the barley and toast lightly for a few minutes.
- Deglaze pan with cider or white wine.
- Ladle in a little stock while constantly stirring on low flame.
- Add in prawns, chopped dill and sea salt.
- Add in butter and parmigianno cheese just before serving.
- Prawn and Barley Risotto is ready.