Preparation Time: 23 mins Cook Time: 7 mins Total Time: 30 mins Making: 4
Ingredients of Prawn Shashlik
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2tsp each of cumin seeds and black onion seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 large raw deveined tiger prawns with the tails left on
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 large red onions, cut into thick wedges
Also Read: Peri Peri Chicken Sizzler
Method of Prawn Shashlik
- To make the marinade, put the lime juice, garlic, chilli, curry powder, coriander and cumin and black onion seeds in a bowl. Season well and stir.
- Put the prawns in a wide glass bowl. Pour over the marinade and toss to coat evenly. Cover and chill for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Thread the prawns, peppers and onions alternately onto 8 metal skewers. Cook the kebabs on the preheated barbecue over a medium-hot heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, or until the prawns are cooked and the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Carefully remove the skewers from the heat, as the metal handles will be hot, and serve.
HOT-SPOTS FOR PRAWN SHASHLIK SIZZLER