Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 2 servings
2 cups chopped ladies finger (bhindi)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 cup onions , chopped
2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 cup low fat curds (dahi)
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
Method To Make Pyazwali Bhindi
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the onions, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and cook till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the bhindi and cook over medium flame till they are soft.
- Add the curds and salt and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Pyazwali Bhindi is ready. Serve hot with parathas.