Quinoa Vegetable Salad: It’s made simply with fresh cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, fresh parsley and a garlicky olive oil and lemon dressing. The salad sort of reminds me of tabouleh, an herbed Lebanese salad with tomatoes and bulgur.
Ingredients For Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Also Read: Massaged Kale Salad (Health Heart)
Directions To Make Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- Heat the canola oil in a pan.
- Cook and stir garlic and 1/4 cup onion in hot oil until onion softens and becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and bring to a boil, stir in quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Simmer about 20 minutes.
- Drain the remaining quinoa water with a mesh strainer and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Refrigerate until cool.
- Stir in tomato, carrots, pepper, cucumber, corn and 1/4 cup red onion in chilled quinoa. Season with cilantro, mint, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad, stir gently until smooth.