Rabanadas is famous Portuguese french toast for healthy breakfast. Rabanadas are so popular in Brazil and so traditional for Christmas.
Ingredients of Rabanadas
- 3: cup milk
- 1/4 cup: granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp.: honey
- 1: cinnamon stick
- Lemon peel
- 5: eggs
- 1: baguette, cut into slices
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup: cinnamon sugar
How We Make Rabanada
- Heat milk, sugar, honey, cinnamon stick, and lemon peel in a pan.
- Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Put beaten eggs into a pan.
- Dip sliced bread into milk, then into eggs, turning to coat well in each.
- Add oil to the pan. Fry soaked bread until golden from both sides.
- Remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined cooling rack.
- Toss in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with extra honey.