This easy Rabdi will bring back memories of your childhood years. Make this dessert or dessert just like your favorite rabdiwala this holiday season using this step-by-step recipe from the comfort of your home.
Ingredients Of Rabdi
- 8-10 Almonds , Blanched peeled and chopped
- 8-10 Pistachios , Blanched peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ litre or 6 ¼ cups Milk (full fat or whole milk)
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 3-4 strands Saffron
To blanch almonds and pistachio, add them into boiling hot water and let them sit for 20 minutes. Then discard the water, peel the skin and slice them.
ALSO READ: Paneer Kalakand (Diwali Receipe)
Making rabri Of Rabdi
- Take the milk in a large, thick saucepan over medium heat. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat to medium-low.
- As soon as the layer of cream is formed on top, pick up with a spatula and stick to the side of the pan.
- Continue to collect and stick the layers of cream until it reaches ⅓ of its original volume. It took me 1 hour and 10 minutes in total.
- You should stir it from time to time to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. But do not stir often or quickly, otherwise the layer of cream will not form on top, it will rather disintegrate in milk.
- Once the milk is thick and ⅓ of the quantity, add the sugar and the saffron. Cool again and continue to collect the cream for 5-7 minutes.
- Then, remove all the cream from the sides of the pan and mix gently, simmer for 2 minutes. Finally, add sliced nuts and turn off the stove. Serve hot or fresh.