An immensely popular dish found in India, Ragi Coconut Ladoo is nutritionally rich due to the high protein and mineral value present in its main ingredient, Ragi. Finger Millets or ragi is grown in the Himalayas and are usually inter-cropped with peanuts.
Ingredients of Ragi Coconut Ladoo
- 1 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 3/4 cup grated jaggery
- 2-3 tbsp badam milk powder – optional
- 1/4 Cup Peanuts, roasted
Also Read: Sugar-Free Rice Pudding
Method of Ragi Coconut Ladoo
- Dry roast the ragi flour until a nice aroma comes and remove from the heat.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of ghee in the kadhai and fry the grated coconut.
- Fry until it turns golden brown and remove from heat. Combine ragi flour and fried coconut.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the same kadhai and mix the grated jaggery. Cook until it reaches the consistency of two strings.
- Combine ragi flour, fried coconut and badam milk powder.
- Stir often. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir until it reaches a warm state.
- Make small balls with wet hands.
- Serve it or keep it in an airtight container.