Railway Mutton Curry was first prepared by the chefs of the Indian Railways during the British Raj keeping in mind the delicate palates of the British people. This exclusive version of the recipe is made by Mrs. Chaddha of Chaddha Aunty & Sons. Chicken blended with spices and yogurt, topped with coriander leaves and served with fresh steam rice. A quick and almost easy recipe to make at home and serve at your next dinner party.
Recipe Servings: 2 Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time:
- 200 Gram Chicken whole
- 100 Gram Tomato
- 100 Gram Onion
- Yogurt (plain)
- Refine oil
- 2 Whole cumin
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Cardamom seeds
- 2 Black cardamom
- To taste Black pepper
- To taste Salt
- Magic spice (blend of all spices)
- To taste Green chillies
- A pinch of Turmeric
- Ginger and garlic paste
- 1 Coriander leaf
Method To Make Railway Mutton Curry
- Add oil to a pan and roast the ginger garlic paste with all dry spices and onions.
- Add plain yogurt to the pan and fry till onions turn brown.
- Add freshly cut tomatoes and cook items till they release their Rogan (the slight oil with water).
- Add the chicken in the pan.
- Throw in a splash of water and cook until tender.
- Top up with coriander leaves and cover with a lid to infuse the coriander aroma in your Railways mutton curry.
- Enjoy with freshly steamed Rice.
- Railway Mutton Curry is ready.