Raspberry Mint Shrub
The shrub is an excellent flavor concentrate that has been re-popularized in recent years, dating back to the 1600s. Very fashionable, this tasty cocktail is perfect with your favorite alcohol or carbonated water and ice. Sweet sour raspberries and fragrant mint combine wonderfully in this super aromatic and flavorful shrub. Rich, fresh and full-bodied – an English summer garden in a glass and a drink for all occasions.
Ingredients of Raspberry Mint Shrub
- 16 ounces raspberries
- 16 ounces granulated sugar
- 16 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch of mint
- Also Read: CHINESE CHICKEN CURRY
Directions of Raspberry Mint Shrub
- In a medium bowl, combine the raspberries and sugar, using your hands to mash the raspberries until they are completely broken down.
- Cover and keep in the fridge to macerate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Combine thyme and vinegar in a small, non-reactive bowl and store in a cool, dark place for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Using a rubber spatula, press the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a medium bowl.
- Discard the solids. Pass the vinegar through the same sieve.
- Throw away the mint.
- Pour the syrup and vinegar mixture into a Mason jar and keep in the fridge for a week before serving.
- Serve the shrub with sparkling water or make a cocktail with gin and garnish with a lemon wedge.