Prepare time: 10 min Cook: 20 min Ready in: 30 min
- 3/4 cup semolina (rava / sooji)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp oil for greasing
- 6 tsp oil for cooking
1Combine the rava and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 20 minutes. Add all the other ingredients along with ¼ cup of water and mix well.
2Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ¼ tsp of oil and pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it lightly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle. Cook using 1 tsp of oil till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
Repeat step 4 to make 5 more chillas. Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chilla