It is a lip-smacking North Indian dessert which is prepared with semolina, coconut, ghee, sugar and nutmeg powder. It is a lip-smacking North Indian dessert which is prepared with semolina, coconut, ghee, sugar and nutmeg powder.
Ingredients Of Rava Laddoo (Ganesh Chaturthi Special)
- 1 cup sooji (rava)
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4-5 green cardamom pods, seeds taken out after removing the skin
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cashew, broken
- 1 tablespoon raisins
Also Read: Puran Poli (Ganesh Chaurthi Special)
Instructions Of Rava Laddoo (Ganesh Chaturthi Special)
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee over medium heat.
- When hot, add the sooji and roast it, stirring continuously until you get a pleasant aroma, it will take about 6-7 minutes.
- Once roasted, set aside and let cool a little. In another pan, heat 1 teaspoon of ghee over medium heat.
- When hot, brown the cashews and raisins until they are golden brown. Once the sooji has cooled a little, grind it using a blender.
- Transfer to a large bowl, also add the fried nuts. In a blender, grind the granulated sugar and the cardamom seeds together.
- Mix the powdered sugar in the mixture of sooji and nuts. You can save some nuts to garnish at the end.
- Add 3 tablespoons hot melted ghee and mix. Also add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk. Take a small amount of the mixture in your hand.
- Press it with your hands and from a round shape the size of a golf ball.
- If you are unable to form a ladoo, add an additional 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Repeat the process until mixing is complete. I was able to remove 12 ladoos.
- Garnish with nuts.