Valentines Day would not be complete without these truly old fashion Valentines Day cakes and cookies, including Vintage Valentines Day treats, and even some quick, and retro cookies.
INGREDIENTS of Red And Green Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ cup red and green sprinkles
- Red & green food dye
How to Make Red And Green Sugar Cookies
- Add butter, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract after that combine flour, baking powder, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Now add the dry mixture to the wet mixture gradually.
- Leave half of the dough in bowl, and put the other half of the dough in a separate bowl. Dye one bowl of dough red and the other green.
- Refrigerate the dough for overnight. preheat oven to 375 in morning to make cookies.
- Roll the dough into about ½ inch balls, take one red ball of dough and one green ball of dough and roll together to make one larger ball of dough.
- Place ball on greased baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each cookie with desired amount of sprinkles. Take cookies out of the oven and let cool for 30 minutes. Now colourful cookies are ready.