The Pakoda ribbon is an easy snack to prepare during diwali. My mom and mom do this very often because we all love it in our family. I’m sharing the ribbon pakoda recipe – an easy snack recipe. Murukku ribbon is prepared with rice flour and besan flour dough which is then shaped with pakoda ribbon and fried until crisp.
INGREDIENTS Of Ribbon Pakoda
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup besan / gram flour
- 1 tsp sesame seeds / til
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin, crushed
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp hot oil
- 1 cup water, or as required
- ribbon pakoda plate
- oil for deep frying
ALSO READ: chiroti (Diwali Special)
INSTRUCTIONS Of Ribbon Pakoda
- first, in a large mixing bowl, take 2 cups of rice flour and 1 cup of besan. also add 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, ½ teaspoon of crushed jeera, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, a pinch of hinge and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- mix all the ingredients well. now pour 2 tablespoons of hot oil. mix well with a spoon and rub and crumble the dough well between your hands. gradually add water and start kneading the dough.
- knead the dough to obtain a smooth, non-sticky and soft dough. in addition, take a ribbon pakoda mold (straight slit) and attach it to the chakli maker. also grease the chakli maker with a little oil. this prevents the dough from sticking to the mold.
- Now make a cylindrical shape from the dough and place the dough inside the manufacturer, also tighten the cover and heat the oil. directly press the ribbon murukku in the hand in movement of hot oil in circular motion.
- turn the murukku over and fry until it turns golden brown and crisp on both sides. drain them in the paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Finally, serve the pakoda / murukku ribbon with masala tea or masala milk.