Rice and Cucumber Pancakes: These instant pancakes require no advance preparations. Just whip them up in time for a quick breakfast or tuck them into your child’s tiffin box. Besan and potatoes act as binding agents and ensure the pancakes are of the right texture.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 pancakes
1/2 cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
1/4 cup grated cucumber
1/4 cup peeled and grated potatoes
2 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
salt to taste
oil for greasing and cooking
Method To Make Rice and Cucumber Pancakes
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with a little oil, pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to form 125 mm. (5”) diameter thick circle.
- Cook it, using a little oil, till they turns crisp and golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes.
- Rice and Cucumber Pancakes are ready. Serve immediately.