I love beetroot jam, beetroot marmalade, beetroot chutney or anything else you can put on a sandwich or eat with cheese that has beetroot in it.
INGREDIENTS of Roasted Beet Jam
- 1 kg canned beetroot, grated using a box grater
- 1 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- pinch of ground cloves
Also Read: Kolaczki (Europeon)
INSTRUCTIONS of Roasted Beet Jam
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, uncover all of the ingredients to a boil, then simmer until half the juice is reduced.
- Add the grated beet and cook uncovered until almost all the juice is gone.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and place them in sterile jars.
- They will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.