Arabic style milk pudding infused with a touch of rose and orange blossom waters, adorned with rose syrup topping and garnished with caramelized pistachios.
Ingredients of ROSE MEHALABYA
FOR THE MEHALABYA
- 3 1/4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 tsp rose water
- For Syrup
- 2 tsp rose syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 100g unsalted pistachios
- 1 Tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom water
How to Make ROSE MEHALABYA
- Whisk together the milk, whipping cream, sugar and cornstarch into a pan until cornstarch has dissolved completely.
- Set the pan over heat and boil them.
- Continue to boil for a few more seconds until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the orange blossom and rose waters.
- Put into cups and refrigerate uncovered until the surface has begun to set.
- Rose Syrup Topping:
- Whisk together the rose syrup, water and cornstarch into a pan until well combined.
- Set the pan over heat and boil, whisking constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and spoon a thin layer of the rose topping over the surface of each mehalabya cup.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For Topping:
- In a pan, melt the butter then add in the pistachios.
- Sauté the pistachios in the butter, stirring frequently.
- Add in the sugar and stir until melted and lightly caramelized around the pistachios.
- Off the heat, then add in the orange blossom water. Now cool completely.
- Spoon the pistachio topping evenly over the cooled mehalabeya cups.
- keep refrigerated until its time to serve.
- Serve the Rose Mehalabeya cold.