Sandesh, the melt-in-the-mouth Bengali delicacy, becomes all the more special when you make it with a mild flavouring, like rose or orange. Here, we show you how to make a Quick Rose Sandesh using readymade paneer. The lilting aroma and flavour of rose make this mithai truly irresistible. Choose fresh paneer to make this sweet, to get the best texture. You can store it in the fridge for 3-4 days and enjoy it as and when you wish.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 8 pieces (8 piece)
5 drops rose essence
1 1/2 tbsp rose sherbet
1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tbsp powdered sugar
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped almonds (badam)
1 tbsp finely chopped pistachios
shredded rose petals
- Combine all the ingredients in a big thali and knead very very well till smooth.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and keep in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball and then flatten it lightly. Make a depression in the centre using your index finger.
- Finally garnish it with almonds, pistachios and rose petals.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
|Value per piece||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||69.5 mcg||1%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin C||0.6 mg||2%|
|Vitamin E||0 mg||0%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||0 mcg||0%|