Filled with your favorite jam, these biscuits are a tasty addition to brunch parties, showers etc.
Ingredients of Russian Tea Biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 to 1½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups raisins
- Raspberry jam
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- lemon juice
- 1 egg white
How to Make Russian Tea Biscuits
- Combine all dough ingredients, and make a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into balls and refrigerate overnight.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Combine all the ingredients for filling and mix well.
- Pick one dough ball at a time, make squares.
- Spread raisins and jam, sprinkle with filling and roll them again.
- Brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and coat every square.
- Bake them to 35 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets immediately, cool and enjoy.