It a savory pancake made from tapioca pearls. This is also eaten during fasting or vrat. It is often served with spicy green chutney and along with hot chai and is best eaten fresh.
- Prep Time –10 mins
- Cook Time –40 mins
- Total Time –50 mins
Ingredients Of Sabudana thalipeeth (Ganesh Chaturthi)
- ½ cup Sabudana (Sago or Tapioca pearls)
- ⅔ cup Potatoes tightly packed, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup Peanuts Roasted and Roughly crushed
- 2 Green chilies chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- Rock salt (Sendha namak) to taste
- Peanut oil
Also Read: Modak (Maharashtrian)
Instructions Of Sabudana thalipeeth (Ganesh Chaturthi)
- Wash the sabudana under running cold water until the water runs clear.
- Soak the sabudana in enough water for 2-3 hours or overnight depending on your type of sabudana.
- Add just enough water up to 1 ½ inch above the sabudana.
- Once soaked, the sabudana will swell almost all of the water and become almost triple. Drain the excess water using a colander.
- Leave to drain for at least 10 minutes.
Making sabudana thalipeeth recipe:
- Take all the drained sabudana, mashed potatoes, crushed peanuts, green pepper, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, salt, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix them well and make a ball of dough. Divide it into 4 equal parts. And make a smooth ball using your palms.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil or plastic, grease it with oil and place this ball on it. And also heat the pan over medium heat to fry the thalipeeth.
- While the mold is heating, make 4 inch diameter thalipeeth by pressing the ball with your hand.
- Continue to seal the edges when you press if it breaks. And also make the quarter inch hole in the center using your finger.
- Once the pan is hot, drizzle it with oil. Gently take the thalipeeth in your hand using aluminum foil and put them in the pan.
- Leave it brown on the bottom side, pour a little oil on top of the thalip teeth, then turn it over and cook on another side until it turns golden brown.
- Remove it from the pan and repeat the same process for the rest.