Mochi is a Japanese sticky rice cake used in both savory and sweet dishes. Mochi is usually made from sweet rice (also called mochi rice) cooked and pounded until it becomes a very sticky and smooth dough, then made into cakes or blocks.
Ingredients of Mochi
- 1 cup Mochiko (sweet rice flour or Mochi flour)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- sweet red bean paste
- Green tea ice cream
How To Make Mochi
- Mix Mochiko and water in a glass bowl and mix well. Add a little more water if it is too dry, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Steam the Mochiko dough in a steamer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the steamed Mochi to a saucepan and cook over medium to medium heat with 1/3 of the sugar (2/3 cup).
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, add another 1/3 of the sugar and mix well. Add the last part of the sugar and cook again until the sugar is dissolved.
- Take the time to melt the sugar, but be careful not to burn it.
- Take the hot Mochi out of the pot on a baking sheet generously sprinkled with cornstarch.
- Train as you wish.